The hallmark of functional dentistry is its holistic approach, and Dr. Mark Burhenne’s guests on this episode of Ask the Dentist are Exhibit A. Dr. Kimberly Baer and Dr. Jennifer Tipograph are sharing thoughts on the many benefits associated with their integrative approach and use of non-reactive dental implant techniques. Their toxin-free, bio-friendly family practice, based just outside Washington, DC, offers the gold standard for functional dentistry. And why are those dental implants so important? You’ll learn about the many ways having a full set of teeth is critical to overall systemic health and lifespan. It’s about more than chewing and smiling!
- (09:27) Putting the Pieces Together: Coming to understand the role of heavy metals in triggering a spectrum of mental and physical health issues.
- (14:37) Different protocols functional dentists deploy to help patients maintain optimal health and integration of their implants, including markers for inflammation.
- (18:19) An overview of what an implant really is and how thoroughly its incorporated in bone,
- (22:02) What’s the optimal timing for placing an implant?
- (27:08) All about bone grafting.
- (40:35) All the reasons (some surprising!) it’s important to keep a full set of teeth.
FURTHER READING/ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
ABOUT DR. KIMBERLY BAER: WEBSITE | LINKEDIN
ABOUT DR. JENIFER TIPOGRAPH: WEBSITE | LINKEDIN
Ask Dr. B a Question
Functional Dentist Directory
What Dr. B Recommends
Check out Dr. B's website for more information: https://askthedentist.com
Subscribe to Dr. B's newsletter Mondays with Mark: https://askthedentist.com/newsletter